Work Out Your Jokes
Lets Do It Write!!!
Today’s blog post is dedicated to the stand-up comedians that visit Jokes.ChuckRoy.com for Comedy101 tips on joke writing.
Exercises for Stand-up Comedians
- Write 5 new jokes in 45 minutes.
- Memorize your set list
- Rehearse a routine
- Practice a skill for creating social media (i.e. photography or graphic design)
- Visualize a successful performance
Can You Write 5 New Jokes?
Start By Creating Set-ups
One way to practice joke writing is to create ‘set-ups’. Set-ups are the beginning of a joke. A good set-up introduces the characters or situation for comedy.
Finish These Joke Set-ups
- How many soccer players does it take to change a light bulb?
- Three athletes walk into a bar…
- Why did the comedian cross the road?
- Practicing a sport is like…
- Soccer balls are like testicles because…
Caption This Photo?
What’s Funny About This Building?
This is a difficult photo to caption. However, the image is captivating and motivated me to post it.
Write Some Jokes
Are you a joke writer? Write some jokes. Post your favorites in the comments section! When other joke writers share their jokes you can comment with laughter and feedback.